Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Presentation on Blogging to Faculty

Last week I presented on the benefits of blogging for emerging writers at our faculty staff meeting. (Stay tuned: At the end of this term, I will provide a summary evaluation of this project.) At the meeting, I discussed the process I took in selecting a blog site. Determining I would need a certain level of management and protection support, I decided to upgrade with Edublog, allowing me to have complete control over each student blog including posts and comments. In addition, I was able to enter each student dashboard to problem solve as needed. While it did take more set up time than I had intended to spend, in addition to a complicated log in process, the paid management benefits outweighed these disadvantages.

The best outcome, which I will discuss in a future blog, is the way students, especially struggling writers, engage with their and other student blogs. They were able to design and personalize the look of their blogs which would not have been possible if we had just one class blog. This gives them a sense of ownership. Tuesdays have been the only day in the week where I have to ask students to leave class because they are so engrossed in their blogs. If an instructor is looking to blog in class, there are free options. However, due to the demographics of my particular class, having management and authorization abilities made Edublog the right choice.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete